The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks were trying for their first win of the season during homecoming, but the Cache Bulldogs came in and spoiled the festivities with a 24-0 victory over the Fightin’ Chicks.
The Rush Springs Lady Redskins will have a new coach roaming the sidelines during the 2017-2018 basketball season. Jennifer Burch will be taking over for Rick Parrish.
Going into the bottom of the fourth, the Chickasha was only leading by a run, but a four-spot on a two-out rally gave the Fightin' Chicks a 10-2 run-rule win over Carl Albert Titans in the third game of the Washita Valley Classic.
Before the final team huddle in every Chickasha girls' home basketball game, senior Dominique Golightly always took a moment to give her biggest fan some attention.
The three Chickasha wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament made the finals of their weight classes, and all finished as runners-up.
The Chickasha girls are off to the area round of Class 4A playoffs after beating Elk City to win the regional consolation championship on Saturday.
Regardless of how straight forward No.7 Chickasha's district round playoff game looks on paper, no one wants to enter the season on a losing streak.
After missing the 2014 soccer season with a knee injury, Chickasha football kicker Sterling Claphan had come back to give the Fightin' Chicks a boost in two-straight autumns.
This Week's Circulars
Funeral Service will be 1:00 p.m., Monday, October 18, 2021 at the Sevier Funeral Home Chapel, Chickasha, OK. Interment will be in the Fairlawn Cemetery under the direction of Sevier Funeral Home. Harvey Joe Reed, of Ninnekah, OK, passed away Tuesday, October 12, 2021 in Duncan, OK at the ag…
Kenneth Baker, 83, passed away 10-4-2021. Services will be 2:00pm, Thursday 10-7-2021 at Alex Southern Baptist Chapel in Alex, OK. Burial will be in the Alex Cemetery. Services are with McRay Funeral Home in Chickasha, OK.
- Blanchard Police Department confirms suspicious death
- OHP: Two teens injured in ATV crash near Dibble
- UNOFFICIAL RESULTS: Tuttle Public Schools $4.7 million supplemental bond passes
- “The Enforcer” fire truck pulls into Chickasha Fire Station 2
- Grady County students awarded OSU scholarships
- Roy’s Bar-B-Q owners retire, restaurant closed until further notice
- Grady residents share stories from Sunday night storm
- Chickasha Hosting Meet and Greet with New City Manager
- New food truck comes to Duncan
- FOOTBALL: Chickasha drops district game