The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks were trying for their first win of the season during homecoming, but the Cache Bulldogs came in and spoiled the festivities with a 24-0 victory over the Fightin’ Chicks.
The Rush Springs Lady Redskins will have a new coach roaming the sidelines during the 2017-2018 basketball season. Jennifer Burch will be taking over for Rick Parrish.
Going into the bottom of the fourth, the Chickasha was only leading by a run, but a four-spot on a two-out rally gave the Fightin' Chicks a 10-2 run-rule win over Carl Albert Titans in the third game of the Washita Valley Classic.
Before the final team huddle in every Chickasha girls' home basketball game, senior Dominique Golightly always took a moment to give her biggest fan some attention.
The three Chickasha wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament made the finals of their weight classes, and all finished as runners-up.
The Chickasha girls are off to the area round of Class 4A playoffs after beating Elk City to win the regional consolation championship on Saturday.
Regardless of how straight forward No.7 Chickasha's district round playoff game looks on paper, no one wants to enter the season on a losing streak.
After missing the 2014 soccer season with a knee injury, Chickasha football kicker Sterling Claphan had come back to give the Fightin' Chicks a boost in two-straight autumns.
This Week's Circulars
Dorothy Nadine Hendon 79 died December 24, 2020. Memorial Service 10am Saturday June 12, 2021 at the Cowboy Church in Chickasha with Rev. Tom Brooks officiating. Buried will be at the Fairlawn Cemetery.
Kenneth Wallace Davies, 89, Chickasha, died June 7, 2021 . Graveside service 1:00 p.m., Friday, June 11, 2021 at the Fairlawn Cemetery, Chickasha, OK. under the direction of Sevier Funeral Home. Condolences may be made www.sevierfuneralhome.com.
Memorial Service for Carol "Sue" Woods will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 5, 2021 at Hawkins Baptist Church in Alex, OK. Carol "Sue" Woods, of Alex, OK passed away on Saturday May 29, 2021 at the age of 76 in her home surrounded by her family. Sue was born June 15, 1944 in Scipio, …
- Grady County Commissioner accused of repairing private road with county resources
- Chickasha’s first LGBTQ Pride Walk to take place June 20
- SOFTBALL: Former area players win national title with Oklahoma
- Two facing third degree arson charges
- US-62 narrows in Chickasha beginning Monday, June 14
- New Oklahoma law protects student borrowers
- Chickasha Hosts Wings & Wheels on Father’s Day Weekend
- Cross-deputation agreements are key to Grady County residents’ safety
- ArtScope ‘camps out’ at the University of Science & Arts of Oklahoma
- #TheGoodStuff Destination Chickasha!