The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks were trying for their first win of the season during homecoming, but the Cache Bulldogs came in and spoiled the festivities with a 24-0 victory over the Fightin’ Chicks.
The Rush Springs Lady Redskins will have a new coach roaming the sidelines during the 2017-2018 basketball season. Jennifer Burch will be taking over for Rick Parrish.
Going into the bottom of the fourth, the Chickasha was only leading by a run, but a four-spot on a two-out rally gave the Fightin' Chicks a 10-2 run-rule win over Carl Albert Titans in the third game of the Washita Valley Classic.
Before the final team huddle in every Chickasha girls' home basketball game, senior Dominique Golightly always took a moment to give her biggest fan some attention.
The three Chickasha wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament made the finals of their weight classes, and all finished as runners-up.
The Chickasha girls are off to the area round of Class 4A playoffs after beating Elk City to win the regional consolation championship on Saturday.
Regardless of how straight forward No.7 Chickasha's district round playoff game looks on paper, no one wants to enter the season on a losing streak.
After missing the 2014 soccer season with a knee injury, Chickasha football kicker Sterling Claphan had come back to give the Fightin' Chicks a boost in two-straight autumns.
This Week's Circulars
Memorial service for Gary Bill Jones, 68, of Chickasha, OK will be held at 2:00 pm, Friday, October 18, 2019 in the McRay Funeral Home Chapel. Gary Bill Jones was born the son of Louis William Jones and Mary Rebecca Grady Jones on August 25, 1951. He died on October 14, 2019. Gary graduated …
Funeral service will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, October 18, 2019 at the Sevier Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will be at Ft. Sill National Cemetery, Elgin, Oklahoma under the direction of Sevier Funeral Home. William "Bill" Walton Wooley, Jr., of Chickasha, Ok, passed away on Saturday, October 1…
- Rush Springs man dies in collision with tree
- Prostitution sting nets Ripley superintendent and support teacher
- Chickasha Fall Swap Meet opens Oct. 16 at fairgrounds
- Chickasha falls to Newcastle in road game
- Residents asked to safely dispose of prescription medications on National Take Back Day Oct. 26
- Chickasha drops district game at home
- Area teams' seasons end at state
- Iceskating rink added to Festival of Light 2019
- Charity for homelessness, Everything Christmas Store seeks new site
- PUSH Theatre bring the undead to life at USAO