The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks were trying for their first win of the season during homecoming, but the Cache Bulldogs came in and spoiled the festivities with a 24-0 victory over the Fightin’ Chicks.
The Rush Springs Lady Redskins will have a new coach roaming the sidelines during the 2017-2018 basketball season. Jennifer Burch will be taking over for Rick Parrish.
Going into the bottom of the fourth, the Chickasha was only leading by a run, but a four-spot on a two-out rally gave the Fightin' Chicks a 10-2 run-rule win over Carl Albert Titans in the third game of the Washita Valley Classic.
Before the final team huddle in every Chickasha girls' home basketball game, senior Dominique Golightly always took a moment to give her biggest fan some attention.
The three Chickasha wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament made the finals of their weight classes, and all finished as runners-up.
The Chickasha girls are off to the area round of Class 4A playoffs after beating Elk City to win the regional consolation championship on Saturday.
Regardless of how straight forward No.7 Chickasha's district round playoff game looks on paper, no one wants to enter the season on a losing streak.
After missing the 2014 soccer season with a knee injury, Chickasha football kicker Sterling Claphan had come back to give the Fightin' Chicks a boost in two-straight autumns.
This Week's Circulars
Funeral service will be 1:30 p.m, Friday, January 8, 2021 at Sharon Baptist Church, Chickasha, OK. Joyce L. Pechacek was born September 28, 1935 in Prague, OK. She passed from this life on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 in Chickasha, OK. She was born to George Leroy Pruitt and Clara Estelle (Shr…
Apr 23, 1952 - Jan 10, 2021 Deborah Jean Sehon, 68, of Chickasha, OK, passed away on January 10, 2021. Born on April 23, 1952 in Shawnee, OK, she was the only daughter of the late A.D. and Reva Burlison. Debbie graduated from Tecumseh High School in 1970 before attending East Central Univers…
Deborah Jean Sehon, 68, of Chickasha, OK, passed away on January 10, 2021 following a courageous battle against ALS. Born on April 23, 1952 in Shawnee, OK, she was the only daughter of the late A.D. and Reva Burlison. Debbie graduated from Tecumseh High School in 1970 before attending East C…
- OHP: Road closed due to collision, subject fleeing Verden Police
- Oklahomans needing driver's license could have two-month wait
- Man who fled Verden Police after rollover crash arrested
- Church in Chickasha to serve as COVID-19 vaccination site
- Despite rumors of protests, Oklahoma Capitol quiet on Saturday
- Parham elected Mayor’s Council of Oklahoma President
- Black leaders in Oklahoma respond to Lankford's apology
- Grady County reaches 40 total COVID-19 deaths
- Lawmakers, others urged to stay away from Oklahoma Capitol
- Chickasha's Bullock Memorial Center to host MLK luncheon