The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks were trying for their first win of the season during homecoming, but the Cache Bulldogs came in and spoiled the festivities with a 24-0 victory over the Fightin’ Chicks.
The Rush Springs Lady Redskins will have a new coach roaming the sidelines during the 2017-2018 basketball season. Jennifer Burch will be taking over for Rick Parrish.
Going into the bottom of the fourth, the Chickasha was only leading by a run, but a four-spot on a two-out rally gave the Fightin' Chicks a 10-2 run-rule win over Carl Albert Titans in the third game of the Washita Valley Classic.
Before the final team huddle in every Chickasha girls' home basketball game, senior Dominique Golightly always took a moment to give her biggest fan some attention.
The three Chickasha wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament made the finals of their weight classes, and all finished as runners-up.
The Chickasha girls are off to the area round of Class 4A playoffs after beating Elk City to win the regional consolation championship on Saturday.
Regardless of how straight forward No.7 Chickasha's district round playoff game looks on paper, no one wants to enter the season on a losing streak.
After missing the 2014 soccer season with a knee injury, Chickasha football kicker Sterling Claphan had come back to give the Fightin' Chicks a boost in two-straight autumns.
This Week's Circulars
Memorial service will be 1:00 p.m., Friday, December 13, 2019 at First Baptist Church, Pocasset, OK. Arrangements are under the direction of Sevier Funeral Home. Gordon Ray Howard, 82, of Chickasha, Oklahoma, passed away on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at his home of Chickasha. He was born Apr…
Funeral services are pending with Sevier Funeral Home. Jerry Donald Hill, 74, of Blanchard, OK, passed away on Sunday, December 8, 2019 at his home. He was born November 2, 1945 in Chickasha. OK.
- Five teens involved in rollover accident near Lindsay
- Burkes Outlet store to open in old Save-a-Lot, Goodwill building
- Lady Chicks take down Lady Owls
- Woman walking railroad tracks hit by train, dies
- Shop with a Cop makes biggest haul yet in 2019
- Career fair to follow rapid response event at CV Tech
- Man with explosive device faces felony, $500,000 bond
- Chickasha P.D. Recognizes Officers and Civilian Employee of the Year
- Basketball: Area teams still ranked in OSSAA polls
- OHP Bomb Squad recover explosive device from car in Chickasha