The Chickasha Fightin' Chicks were trying for their first win of the season during homecoming, but the Cache Bulldogs came in and spoiled the festivities with a 24-0 victory over the Fightin’ Chicks.
The Rush Springs Lady Redskins will have a new coach roaming the sidelines during the 2017-2018 basketball season. Jennifer Burch will be taking over for Rick Parrish.
Going into the bottom of the fourth, the Chickasha was only leading by a run, but a four-spot on a two-out rally gave the Fightin' Chicks a 10-2 run-rule win over Carl Albert Titans in the third game of the Washita Valley Classic.
Before the final team huddle in every Chickasha girls' home basketball game, senior Dominique Golightly always took a moment to give her biggest fan some attention.
The three Chickasha wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament made the finals of their weight classes, and all finished as runners-up.
The Chickasha girls are off to the area round of Class 4A playoffs after beating Elk City to win the regional consolation championship on Saturday.
Regardless of how straight forward No.7 Chickasha's district round playoff game looks on paper, no one wants to enter the season on a losing streak.
After missing the 2014 soccer season with a knee injury, Chickasha football kicker Sterling Claphan had come back to give the Fightin' Chicks a boost in two-straight autumns.
This Week's Circulars
Alyssa ReAnn Seevers, the beloved infant daughter of Amanda Lynn and Derek Seevers was born on July 23, 2020 in Oklahoma City where she spent the first 25 days of her life in the NICU. She then came to her home in Chickasha where she spent the next 61 days surrounded by her siblings, parents…
- OHP: Fatal crash near Rush Springs under investigation
- OSDH: Two COVID-19 deaths from Grady County
- SOFTBALL: District 2A-3 honors announced
- USW discuss Chickasha's water issues at city council meeting
- #TheGoodStuff: The Grady County Fairgrounds' "Can do" attitude
- State’s first draft public transit plan released by ODOT and Oklahoma Transit Association, public urged to give feedback
- Officers pose as minors, arrest accused predators
- 10 Digit Dialing To Begin for 405 area code
- CPD investigates Tuesday night shooting in Chickasha
- OSDH: 1,307 new COVID-19 cases, 19 additional deaths