...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 9 PM CDT THIS EVENING... The following statement was issued by the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality. An Air Quality Alert for Ozone has been issued for Wednesday, June 7th, for the Oklahoma City Metropolitan area due to expected high concentrations of ozone. Persons with existing heart or respiratory ailments should reduce physical exertion and outdoor activity. The general public is encouraged to help alleviate the problem by reducing vehicle miles traveled by riding the bus...carpooling...or avoiding unnecessary trips. The public is also asked to avoid refueling during the morning and early afternoon hours...and to avoid the use of two cycle engines such as lawn mowers... motorcycles...weed trimmers...and outboard engines. It is also advised to limit outdoor burning. For hourly updates on concentrations and possible health warnings, telephone the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality at 405-702-4100. For more information on health effects, call the American Lung Association of Oklahoma at 405-748-4674
Jerman ties for 5th in tourney
- PHOTO PROVIDED BY CHAD JERMAN
This Week's Circulars
- Wings & Wheels makes successful landing at Chickasha Municipal Airport
- Steen takes setting life goal to heart
- BASEBALL: OBCA hands out recognition
- Dirty Dough brings super-stuffed sweetness to Chickasha
- I-44/H.E. Bailey Turnpike narrows to one lane in Chickasha through Monday
- No injuries reported after train derailment in Marlow
- SOFTBALL: Youth movement delivers for Science & Arts in 2023
- Music sworn in as Chickasha Police Chief
- Grady County Sheriffs Office brings MRAP to Wings & Wheels Air & Car Show
- Oklahoma governor vetoes compact extension
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.