Rain may be on the way later this week, Dale Thompson, Grady County Emergency Management Director, said. There is a 60% chance of precipitation on Thursday and Friday. The county may still experience high winds over the next few days. Fires have stayed relatively low, with only a few small fires in Alex, Ninnekah and on the H.E. Bailey Turnpike.
Training for the upcoming state-wide emergency exercise on Feb. 28 will take place this Thursday, Feb. 2, Thompson reported.
The Grady County Commissioners approved a resolution to issue up to $20.5 million in bonds to consolidate debt on the Grady County Jail. The loans will be combined to get a better interest rate and will also help to get First National Bank out from under the unsecured loan.
"They really stepped out on a limb to make that loan," Windle Hardy said of First National Bank.
In other business:
• The following blanket purchase order numbers 122396 to 122397 and 122399 were approved.
• A motion to request for bid on new under carriage for John Deere Dozer for District #3 was approved.
• A motion to approve the payment request for RWD # 2 -2011-REAP Grant was approved.
• The janitorial contract for the Grady County Health Department was approved (pending approval by the district attorney).
• The bid on the account/payroll service for the Grady County Clerk was accepted. The bid was made by Sanders, Welch, & Wallis PC of Chickasha for the monthly fee of $725.00 and a 1-time set up fee of $750.00
• Don Ferguson and Lonnie Paxton were reappointed to the Grady County Hospital Board.