Are there really ghosts in the old Santa Fe Depot building – home of the Express-Star? Do things go bump in the night? Just for the record, former employees have mentioned sightings.
According to online Meade's Manual information, the building was built in 1911 for $75,000 by the Oklahoma Central Railroad Company. Before construction, OCRC used the Rock Island line and depot to service Chickasha.
At some point in history, the Chickasha Cotton Oil Co. occupied the building. The Grady County Historical Society provided a picture of employees dated "1934 or 1935."
Anyone with more history on the building or when it changed hands to the Cotton Oil Co. and then the newspaper, please pass it along!