Oklahoma Mesonet: Chickasha one of the driest cities in July

While Oklahoma saw significant rainfall and flooding this year, July was relatively parched, especially for Chickasha.

The Oklahoma Mesonet reported a paltry 0.03 inches of rainfall for July 2019 in Chickasha. Also in Grady County, Minco's rainfall for the month was measured at 0.04 inches. This is below the state's average of 1.63 inches this year, which was already 1.25 inches below normal. 

For reference, in Chickasha, 1.75 inches of rainfall were reported for July 2018. July 2017 was a real gusher with a reported 8.35 inches of rain for the month. 

Chickasha has had its share of rain earlier this year. In May, late spring storms brought 8.61 inches. However, Chickasha, Hobart and Minco have gone 38 consecutive days without a least a tenth of an inch of rain, according to the Mesonet. 

There is a slight chance of relief for Chickasha this weekend. At the time of this report, the National Weather Service is forecasting a 20% chance of rain this afternoon with a 50% chance of thunderstorms tonight. This weekend, there is a 30% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and a 20% chance on Sunday. 

This Week's Circulars