NWS: Snow possible Tuesday evening, Wednesday afternoon in Grady

The National Weather Service (NWS) has issued a winter storm watch for a large portion of Oklahoma including Grady County. 

While it seems that every week, since the year began, Grady County has had a possibility of snow in the forecast, little more than icy rain has fallen thus far. 

However, February could make up for the difference with several inches of snow expected mid-week. 

The watch is in effect from Tuesday night through Wednesday, with four to six inches of snow possible, according to an update issued on Monday. 

On Tuesday evening, temperatures are forecast to drop to 24 degrees with a 70% chance of snow. On Wednesday, snow chances are expected to decrease from 60 to 30 percent over the course of the day. Wednesday night is forecast at very cold 18 degrees. 

The NWS advises that commuting on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning could be hazardous if ice and snow accumulate. Residents are advised to keep an eye on the forecast as the storm system approaches. 

This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you