NWS: Slight chance of storms in Chickasha over next few days

Some thunderstorms and slightly lower temperatures could return to Chickasha this week. 

Chickasha residents may see some rain and thunderstorms as the week winds down. 

Storm chances are slight, but in the forecast over the next several days, according to the National Weather Service. 

On Thursday, there is a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms during the day. That chance goes up to 40 percent in the evening. On Friday, Chickasha has a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms during the day and a 30 percent chance of storms that evening. 

The weekend will start with a 30 percent chance of storms on Saturday, mostly between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., according to NWS. On Sunday, the weather is expected to return to mostly sunny and hot conditions with a high near 98 degrees. 

For weeks, Grady County has had several days under a heat advisory due to temperatures and heat indices exceeding 100 degrees. Thursday through Saturday, the highs will be in the upper and lower 90s. However, on Monday, triple digit temperatures and heat indices are expected to return, according to the National Weather Service. 

This Week's Circulars

Recommended for you