The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
- High speed chase up to 125 mph ends in Grady County
- Oklahoma is getting $2 billion. How should it be spent?
- City approves changes to Chickasha Sports Complex contract
- Chickasha City Council passes ordinance to allow decorative crosswalks
- Off-duty Chickasha Police Officers may take shifts with OU Police Department
- Pair suspected of multi-county crime spree arrested
- Silver Alert issued for Anadarko woman
- BASKETBALL: Amber White to lead Ninnekah girls basketball, pending school board's approval
- Ninnekah community, former players speak to school board
- Chickasha Chamber, EDC present “Christmas Cool Down & Block Party” July 24