5. L.J. Powell inducted into Oklahoma Coaches Association Hall of Fame
Former USAO and Chickasha High School baseball coach L.J. Powell was inducted into the Oklahoma Coaches Association Hall of Fame in July.
Powell coached at USAO 12 years and for more than 30 years at Chickasha High.
4. Tuttle wrestling sweeps state and dual state for third year in a row
Matt Surber's Tuttle High School wrestling team won class 4A dual state championship before winning the overall title at the state tournament.
The Tigers won three individual titles, had three runners-up, and six third-place finishers.
3. Jacoby Brown goes undefeated and wins 5A state wrestling title
Jacoby Brown finished off an undefeated season with a state championship win over Guthrie's Landry Chappell in February.
This year, Brown is striving to be Chickasha's first two-time state champion.
2. Blanchard wins first state football championship since 1979
After winning only five games the year before, the Blanchard High School football team lost only one game on the way to the 3A state championship game.
It was the Lions' first title since 1979, and they won by beating No. 1 Kingfisher.
1. Legendary sports broadcaster Bob Martin passes away
Bob Martin had been the voice of Chickasha football and basketball for many years, and passed away this summer after a battle with illness.
Martin had a long broadcasting career in Chickasha and other places, and is sorely missed by the community.