Jessica Lane, Staff Writer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Chavers was badly burned in an accidental brush fire on Saturday.
Chavers was burning brush for a neighbor. When he set fire to the brush, it exploded.
Chavers received third degree burns to his right arm and right leg and second degree burns to his left arm and face. He is currently in the intensive care unit at Baptist Burn Center in OKC where he was medi-flighted after the accident.
Chavers is currently in CLEET training as a member of the Chickasha Police Department.
A medical fund has been set up at Chickasha Bank for those who would like to donate.