Jessica Lane, Staff Writer, email@example.com
Steve Sanders, Lake Maintenance Supervisor was chosen as the City of Chickasha Employee of the Quarter at the regular Chickasha City Council meeting on May 6.
One of his recent projects include leading a group in removing and rebuilding the walking bridge at Shannon Springs Park in seven days.
Given a bulldozer for 30 days, Sanders also cleared a path one the west side of Lake Chickasha that citizens can use to walk, ride bikes or travel on horseback.
It was announced that the free annual Chickasha Elks Lodge Kids Fishing Derby will take place from 8:30 a.m. until 12 a.m. on May 11 at Shannon Springs Park. The age groups are 0 to four, five to 10 and 11 to 14. Lunch will be provided.
The Chickasha Public Library is requesting 32 reading chairs, three adult computer workstations, two display tables, one magazine tower, two children's computer desks, one pamphlet rack, seven computer chairs, two units of gondola shelving, four end panels and one magazine cube.
Mike Sutterfield, Chickasha City Council member, questioned whether the new furniture was needed and if it would be durable.
Catherine Cook, Chickasha Public Library Director, said that much of the furniture is outdated, some from the early 1960s. Some of the furniture, such as the vertical magazine rack, would be a more efficient use of space and the portable shelves would allow the library to reconfigure more easily.
The bid was awarded.
In other business:
• Council approved contracting with Smith Roberts Baldischwilder, LLLC to design and oversee drainage repairs on Almar Street between Ponderosa and Briarcreek.
• Approved a contract agreement between the City of Chickasha and ASCOG for ward boundary review.
• Approved voting for two members to the Board of Trustees of the Oklahoma Municipal Assurance Group for three-year terms commencing July 1.
• Renewed the Philips Cardiac Monitor Service/Repair Agreement.
• Authorized staff to solicit quotes for annual purchase of diesel and unleaded fuel and authorized payment of the invoice within 10 days.
• Renewed the Memorandum of Understanding Agreement with the Oklahoma State Department of Health for Reimbursement from the Trauma Registry Fund.
• Approved the agreement between the Chickasha Municipal Authority and Angel, Johnston and Blasingame for auditing services for the fiscal year ending June 30.
• Zahl - Ford Inc. Structural Investigators and Consultants were hired to inspect the Public Works building for structural damage.
• Declared an emergency for the hauling of crushed rock to Lake Chickasha for roads and campgrounds.
• Declared an emergency and authorized staff to replace the roof on the distribution pump hoses at the Water Treatment Plant.