Chickashanews.com

Top News

March 13, 2014

Fire burns local business owner's home

— A fire burned the home of Joseph and Kelly Gonzalez on the morning of March 13 in Pioneer.

Joseph, owner of Gonzalez Pest Control, said his wife, Kelly, called him around 9 a.m. saying that she smelled smoke. Kelly, their two children and great dane exited the home before it caught fire.

Buddy Meyers, District Chief 702, said that the cause of the fire was likely electrical.

Pioneer, Ninnekah, Farwell, Pocasset and Friend Fire Station volunteers as well as the Grady County Fire Department and Chickasha and Verden Fire Departments tended to the blaze for hours.

1
Text Only
Top News
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
AP Video
Renewed Violence Taking Toll on Gaza Residents 2 Americans Detained in North Korea Seek Help US Employers Add 209K Jobs, Rate 6.2 Pct House GOP Optimistic About New Border Bill Gaza Truce Unravels; Israel, Hamas Trade Blame Raw: Tunisia Closes Borders With Libya Four Rescued From Crashed Plane Couple Channel Grief Into Soldiers' Retreat WWI Aviation Still Alive at Aerodrome in NY Raw: Rescuers at Taiwan Explosion Scene Raw: Woman Who Faced Death Over Faith in N.H. Clinton Before 9-11: Could Have Killed Bin Laden Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction
Poll

Do you think our cool summer means we will have a rough winter?

Yes
No
     View Results