Jessica Lane, Staff Writer, email@example.com
GRADY COUNTY —
The door is about to close on safe room inspections.
Dale Thompson, Grady County Emergency Management Director said there are only 15 safe rooms left to inspect by the end of September.
Some of these will be called and reminded of the upcoming deadline to schedule an inspection. Thompson said that there have been some people who have already called notifying GCEM that their safe rooms will be installed later this month.
The active shooter tabletop exercise is still on schedule at the University of Science and Arts Oklahoma for Wed. Aug. 7 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Later this year, a full scale active shooter exercise is to take place, Thompson said.
Thompson discussed the Grady County Fire Department Fundraiser that took place on Sunday at the Grady County Fairgrounds. The donations are still being calculated but Thompson said the participation was appreciated. Almost every department sent volunteers to represent for their department at the fundraiser.
Thompson said that the departments have had success working together, and there is little animosity between departments.
"We're all out there for one purpose," he said.
The weather is expected to cool down a few degrees later in the week, Thompson said. There is also a slight chance of rain. Grady County has been fortunate this summer, concerning rainfall, Thompson said. Consequently, here are fewer fire calls which translates to savings on fuel, he said.
Terry Beard, Safety Director, reported that there was e a safety meeting with the OSU extension office and there will be a safety meeting with the Grady County Courthouse later this month.
In other business:
• The sale of county owned property, Lot 1 of Block 102 Chickasha Original Town address 9th and Michigan Ave was approved.
• No action was taken on the bid for lighting the Grady County Fairgrounds parking lot.
• Disposal of equipment in compliance with OS 19 1983 Supp. S339 and OS 19 1981 S421 for the OSU Extension Office was approved.
• Dale Thompson was appointed as Requisitioning Officer for the TRFD account.
• No action was taken on the invoice for Pinnacle Consulting Mgt. Group Inc. for the Sara Road Project.