Chickashanews.com

Top News

December 7, 2012

Possible electrical fire destroys local family's house

CHICKASHA — Hunter Dunkin woke to a house filled with smoke at 2 a.m. yesterday morning. His smoke detectors failed to go off, but he managed to wake at the first scent of danger, which gave him the opportunity to get his wife and two children out of the house.

The house unfortunately, will most likely be a total loss according to Dunkin.

"I am just happy no one was hurt," he said.

The fire, which Dunkin said was most likely started via electricity, caused most of the roof to cave in, destroying most of his family's possessions.

Now Dunkin said he is waiting to see what his insurance says before he can make his next step.

His house is located at the intersection of 18th Street and California Avenue.

1
Text Only
Top News
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
AP Video
Raw: Kangaroo Rescued From Swimming Pool Raw: 3 American Doctors Killed in Afghanistan Raw: Obama Arrives at State Dinner in Tokyo Raw: Obama Plays Soccer With Japanese Robot Raw: Obama Visits Meiji Shrine in Tokyo Stars Talk Guns N' Roses at Golden Gods New Pictures of Ship That Sank in 1888 Oregon Gay Marriage Ban Goes to Court SKorea Ferry Toll Hits 156, Search Gets Tougher Video Shows Possible Syrian Gas Attack Admirers Flock to Dole During Kansas Homecoming FBI Joining Probe of Suburban NY 'Swatting' Call U.S. Paratroopers in Poland, Amid Ukraine Crisis US Reviews Clemency for Certain Inmates Michigan Man Sees Thanks to 'bionic Eye'
Poll

Do you expect more businesses will develop in downtown Chickasha in the next year?

Yes
No
     View Results