The Grady County Democratic Party will meet at 7 p.m. tonight at the Canadian Valley Technology Center, 101 Michigan Ave.
During the Oklahoma Democratic Party convention May 15 in Oklahoma City, the party reaffirmed the following principles:
• The Democratic Party cares about Oklahoma citizens and neighbors;
• Equal rights for everyone, including the middle class;
• Health care for all;
• A liveable minimum wage;
• Taxation based on ability to pay; and
• An end to corporate handouts and subsidies from taxpayer funds.
Delegates to the convention also elected the following officers:
• State chairman – Wallace Collins of Norman.
• State vice chairman – Dana Orwig of Oklahoma City.
• Secretary – David Ratcliff of Tulsa.
For more information about the Grady County Democratic Party, contact Chairman Steve Cox at 405-320-5355, Vice Chairman Darleen Harrison at 224-8604 or Secretary Dale Newbauer at 574-4213.