Jessica Lane, Staff Writer, email@example.com
GRADY COUNTY —
False alarms are not always a relief.
Grady County fire departments have been getting fire calls only to find that the fire was a control burn, Dale Thompson, Grady County Emergency Management Director, said.
"This wastes fuel, resources and time," Thompson said. "It's becoming a problem."
Thompson said that when citizens are going to do a control burn, they need to call the Grady County Sheriff's dispatch at 405.224.0984 and let them know when and where the control burn will be.
The storms on Saturday night included some quarter sized hail, but no damage was reported, Thompson said. There was up to 3/4 of rain in some areas of the county. Grady could see more rain throughout this week, but the weather is expected to warm back up starting Thursday. In spite of the recent precipitation, Grady County still had a 3 inch rain deficit for the month of March.
Grady County Emergency Management will be attending a Verizon Wireless meeting concerning new technology coming out for emergency management.
• The fire department is still getting an unusually high amount of calls from Alex.
• Safety Director, Terry Beard informed the board that he will be attending the Safety Conference with ACCO this week.
• There was no action on the New Road Crossing Resolution.
• a motion to approve the appointments of Kaye Fiskin and Eddie Cowan as receiving officers for the Verden Senior Citizens Center was approved.
• The contract between Western Plains Youth and Family Services and Grady County for juvenile detention services was approved.
• At 10 a.m. a request for bid was made on Package 1-Earth Work of Storm Water Drainage Project for the Grady County Fairgrounds 2012 Drainage Improvement Project.
• At 10:05 a.m. a request for bid was made on Package 2-Paving for Storm Water Drainage Project for the Grady County Fairgrounds 2012 Drainage Improvement Project.
• At 10:10 a.m. a request for bid was made on Package 3-Site Utilities for Storm Water Drainage Project for the Grady County Fairgrounds 2012 Drainage Improvement Project.
• Mike Lennier as a Trustee to the ASCOG Board of Trustees for one year-beginning June 21, 2013 through May 31, 2014.
• The renewal of the Public Official and Employee’s Blanket Bond application from Mosley Agency, Inc. was approved.