Chickashanews.com

Local News

March 13, 2014

Fire burns local business owner's home

— A fire burned the home of Joseph and Kelly Gonzalez on the morning of March 13 in Pioneer.

Joseph, owner of Gonzalez Pest Control, said his wife, Kelly, called him around 9 a.m. saying that she smelled smoke. Kelly, their two children and great dane exited the home before it caught fire.

Buddy Meyers, District Chief 702, said that the cause of the fire was likely electrical.

Pioneer, Ninnekah, Farwell, Pocasset and Friend Fire Station volunteers as well as the Grady County Fire Department and Chickasha and Verden Fire Departments tended to the blaze for hours.

1
Text Only
Local News