Chickashanews.com

Local News

March 18, 2011

Cox City Baptist Church getting fresh, new look Cox City

— Cox City, a rural community between Rush Springs and Lindsay, has continued to survive through the years since 1924 when it became an oil field town.  The town with businesses, post office, and school are gone but the Cox City Baptist Church organized in 1927 is still serving the community.  Right now a new church building is being built on the former Cox City School site.

Cox City people and others are assisting a Brick Layer Team from Texas brick the new metal building.  This project with volunteer labor is a great benefit to the Cox City Baptist Church and is deeply appreciated.  Pastor Bill H. Love stated that many thanks go to individuals, businesses, and church members who have donated food, services, and equipment to help us these past two weeks.  We especially want to thank the Texas Baptist Retiree Men for their volunteer labor of love.

These men have been helping churches brick their buildings for many years.  One man began this volunteer labor in 1965 and has been to 18 states and 20 countries to offer his services.  Their dedication and commitment has been and still is a benefit to many people.  Age doesn’t stop their eagerness to help.  One man that was here last week is 91 years old and still going strong helping his fellow team members.  

The Cox City Baptist Church building will be a beautiful building with a large cross being constructed on the front of the building using the yellow brick from the old Cox City School.  In a few weeks the steeple will be in place and further progress made as work begins on the inside of the building.   But the Cox City Church is more than a building.  It is a caring community of people who want to continue to reach out to others and will do so for many more years to come.

 

1
Text Only
Local News