Hunter Dunkin woke to a house filled with smoke at 2 a.m. yesterday morning. His smoke detectors failed to go off, but he managed to wake at the first scent of danger, which gave him the opportunity to get his wife and two children out of the house.
The house unfortunately, will most likely be a total loss according to Dunkin.
"I am just happy no one was hurt," he said.
The fire, which Dunkin said was most likely started via electricity, caused most of the roof to cave in, destroying most of his family's possessions.
Now Dunkin said he is waiting to see what his insurance says before he can make his next step.
His house is located at the intersection of 18th Street and California Avenue.