Chickashanews.com

Local News

December 7, 2012

Possible electrical fire destroys local family's house

CHICKASHA — Hunter Dunkin woke to a house filled with smoke at 2 a.m. yesterday morning. His smoke detectors failed to go off, but he managed to wake at the first scent of danger, which gave him the opportunity to get his wife and two children out of the house.

The house unfortunately, will most likely be a total loss according to Dunkin.

"I am just happy no one was hurt," he said.

The fire, which Dunkin said was most likely started via electricity, caused most of the roof to cave in, destroying most of his family's possessions.

Now Dunkin said he is waiting to see what his insurance says before he can make his next step.

His house is located at the intersection of 18th Street and California Avenue.

1
Text Only
Local News
Twitter Updates
Follow us on twitter
AP Video
Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN