Now Hear This: The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 3608 and the Ladies Auxillary will be meeting Jan. 8, 2013 at 6 p.m. instead of 7 p.m. There will be a potluck dinner prior to our meetings. At our meeting we will be honoring the winners of the VFW's annual contests for "The Voice of Demoracy" and the "Patriots Pen". So please be there early to meet the winners and their families. Let's show our appreciation for jobs well done.
We wish to invite all of the Combat Veterans to come and join the Tony K. Burris Award Winning All State Post located here in Blanchard. We are here to help all returning Combat Veterans with their problems or direct you to the proper place where they can help you.
May God Bless and Protect all of our Servicemen and Servicewomen. Please bring them home safely to their Families and Loved Ones.
- Community Living
- Around the Area
- USAO provides educational opportunities for Grady County Princess contest recipients
- Summer luncheon to feature Anadarko author
- Education campaign returns with powerful stories to help Oklahomans quit smoking
- Juneteenth winners announced
- Nationwide effort underway to educate public about boating while under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Coronation for Rodeo Ambassador/Jr. Ambassador set for June 28
- Wilson renews National Board Teacher Certification
- Grady County OHCE names scholarship winners at Summer Council
Juneteenth Celebration set for June 21 in Chickasha
The Chickasha Juneteenth Celebration Community will kick-off the activities on June 21, 2014, with a parade at 1st & Dakota at 10:00 a.m., opening ceremony at Washita Valley Park at 11:00 a.m. and Celebration at 12:00 noon. The celebration is open to the general public.
The committee is still accepting donations. If you would like to make a donations or need more information please contact Casta Thomas at 405.627.5049.
- More Community Living Headlines