— An Oklahoma Self Defense Act Class will be held Apr 26 from 8AM to 4 PM. This class is required to obtain an Oklahoma Concealed/Open Carry Handgun License. Class is taught by a Pistol Instructor certified by the Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training, and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Class covers laws on use of deadly force, handgun safety and basic shooting fundamentals. For more information contact Tony Lawson 485 8062 or at email@example.com. Seats are limited so act fast. Classes for special groups can also be arranged by appointment. Special discounts and free tuition to those who qualify.
- Community Living
- Around the Area
- USAO provides educational opportunities for Grady County Princess contest recipients
- Summer luncheon to feature Anadarko author
- Education campaign returns with powerful stories to help Oklahomans quit smoking
- Juneteenth winners announced
- Nationwide effort underway to educate public about boating while under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Coronation for Rodeo Ambassador/Jr. Ambassador set for June 28
- Wilson renews National Board Teacher Certification
- Grady County OHCE names scholarship winners at Summer Council
Juneteenth Celebration set for June 21 in Chickasha
The Chickasha Juneteenth Celebration Community will kick-off the activities on June 21, 2014, with a parade at 1st & Dakota at 10:00 a.m., opening ceremony at Washita Valley Park at 11:00 a.m. and Celebration at 12:00 noon. The celebration is open to the general public.
The committee is still accepting donations. If you would like to make a donations or need more information please contact Casta Thomas at 405.627.5049.
- More Community Living Headlines