— The 7th annual OHCE Quilt Exhibit will be held on Nov. 16-17 at the Grady County Fairgrounds in Chickasha. The quilts will not be judged on quality or workmanship, but must have the personal story or history with it. Any size, shape, age, or condition of quilt is accepted. If you need help writing the story of your quilt, there will be help available on November 2nd at Gail’s Quilt Shop, 401 W Chickasha Ave, Ste 202. Quilt entries are due by November 4th. The actual quilts may be delivered to Gail’s shop on November 13 or 14th. They will be on display at the fairgrounds on the 16th and 17th, and will be released for pickup at 5 p.m. on Saturday. Viewers will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite quilt. The quilt with the most votes will receive a Viewer’s Choice ribbon. There will also be a special area for individuals to display wedding ring quilts, or quilted garments. Registration forms may be picked up at Gail’s shop, or the OSU Extension office at 828 W. Choctaw. Downloads are available at oces.okstate.edu/grady. The quilt exhibit is held annually in conjunction with the OHCE Celebration of Crafts Show.
Annual quilt show set for Nov. 16-17
- Community Living
- Around the Area
- USAO provides educational opportunities for Grady County Princess contest recipients
- Summer luncheon to feature Anadarko author
- Education campaign returns with powerful stories to help Oklahomans quit smoking
- Juneteenth winners announced
- Nationwide effort underway to educate public about boating while under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Coronation for Rodeo Ambassador/Jr. Ambassador set for June 28
- Wilson renews National Board Teacher Certification
- Grady County OHCE names scholarship winners at Summer Council
Juneteenth Celebration set for June 21 in Chickasha
The Chickasha Juneteenth Celebration Community will kick-off the activities on June 21, 2014, with a parade at 1st & Dakota at 10:00 a.m., opening ceremony at Washita Valley Park at 11:00 a.m. and Celebration at 12:00 noon. The celebration is open to the general public.
The committee is still accepting donations. If you would like to make a donations or need more information please contact Casta Thomas at 405.627.5049.
- More Community Living Headlines