— Altrusa members, Mary Grote, Christy Clift and Laura Wijkowski are making their lists and checking it twice in preparation for the Altrusa’s 20th Annual Hall of Trees Gala on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012 to be held at the USAO Ballroom. Two community organizations, “Chickasha Mobile Wheels” and “Chickasha Emergency Pantry” have been selected to be the recipients of this annual fundraiser hosted by Altrusa. Both of these local organizations are funded by donations only. Altrusa can and will make a difference through your support of this fun evening. For reservations and more information please call 779-0279.
- Community Living
- Around the Area
- USAO provides educational opportunities for Grady County Princess contest recipients
- Summer luncheon to feature Anadarko author
- Education campaign returns with powerful stories to help Oklahomans quit smoking
- Juneteenth winners announced
- Nationwide effort underway to educate public about boating while under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Coronation for Rodeo Ambassador/Jr. Ambassador set for June 28
- Wilson renews National Board Teacher Certification
- Grady County OHCE names scholarship winners at Summer Council
Juneteenth Celebration set for June 21 in Chickasha
The Chickasha Juneteenth Celebration Community will kick-off the activities on June 21, 2014, with a parade at 1st & Dakota at 10:00 a.m., opening ceremony at Washita Valley Park at 11:00 a.m. and Celebration at 12:00 noon. The celebration is open to the general public.
The committee is still accepting donations. If you would like to make a donations or need more information please contact Casta Thomas at 405.627.5049.
- More Community Living Headlines