— Oklahoma Author Lucie Smoker will be the featured speaker at the June Friends of the Chickasha Library Author Luncheon. Her talk titled “Art Into Mystery” will discuss her mixing art techniques into her mystery book “Distortion”. “Distortion” is a mystery about an artist who paints a crime scene in reverse perspective and turns a murder investigation backwards onto her friends. The book features a plot intertwined with the art technique of reverse perspective in which the background of a painting is enlarged and the foreground is drawn small, the lines of perspective essentially reversed. Ms. Smoker will also discuss the upcoming sequel to this book “Paradox”. The luncheon will be held at USAO Regent's room on Thursday June 20th at noon. Reservations are required and can be made by calling Christy at 222-4958 by June 15th. The cost for the luncheon is $13 and reservations must be honored.
- Community Living
- Self defense class offered April 26
- Former rodeo queens wanted
- Rodeo ambassadors sought
- Blanchard’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Paddy fest
- Marriage Enrichment Workshop cancelled this weekend
GRADY COUNTY CHURCH LISTINGS
To add or update your church's listing, please call 224-2600; fax 224-7087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Tony K. Burris Post 3608 VFW meeting postponed
- Tuttle's Caleb Miller named to Graceland University's President's List
- All-Day MusicFest set for Jan. 18
Grady County Residents Invited to Ring In ‘New Year with a New You’ by Quitting Tobacco
Thousands of Oklahomans look forward to saving money and enjoying better health and vitality in 2014 after quitting tobacco with Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline or other resources
- More Community Living Headlines