— Oklahoma Author Lucie Smoker will be the featured speaker at the June Friends of the Chickasha Library Author Luncheon. Her talk titled “Art Into Mystery” will discuss her mixing art techniques into her mystery book “Distortion”. “Distortion” is a mystery about an artist who paints a crime scene in reverse perspective and turns a murder investigation backwards onto her friends. The book features a plot intertwined with the art technique of reverse perspective in which the background of a painting is enlarged and the foreground is drawn small, the lines of perspective essentially reversed. Ms. Smoker will also discuss the upcoming sequel to this book “Paradox”. The luncheon will be held at USAO Regent's room on Thursday June 20th at noon. Reservations are required and can be made by calling Christy at 222-4958 by June 15th. The cost for the luncheon is $13 and reservations must be honored.
- Community Living
- Grady County teachers encouraged to apply for Colonial Williamsburg Fellowships
- Brian Johnson of Chickasha inducted into Alpha Chi Honor Society
- Belville named McCune Volunteer Mediator of the Year
- Killion to present senior voice recital
- P.E.O. Chapter FV hosts auction tonight
- Turkey Dinner set for Sunday, Nov. 3
Book-signing set locally for CHS alum
A book-signing for former Chickasha resident and Chickasha High School alum Felicia Kaye (Jefferson) Maher is set for Sunday, Oct. 20 from 3-6 p.m. in the lobby of the historic Chickasha Hotel, on the corner of 2nd St. and Chickasha Ave.
Local student could win a trip to D.C., scholarship
FOR DETAILS VISIT http://www.vfw.org/Community/Voice-of-Democracy/
- Local student could win college money
- Volunteers sought for CASA
- More Community Living Headlines