— Oklahoma Author Lucie Smoker will be the featured speaker at the June Friends of the Chickasha Library Author Luncheon. Her talk titled “Art Into Mystery” will discuss her mixing art techniques into her mystery book “Distortion”. “Distortion” is a mystery about an artist who paints a crime scene in reverse perspective and turns a murder investigation backwards onto her friends. The book features a plot intertwined with the art technique of reverse perspective in which the background of a painting is enlarged and the foreground is drawn small, the lines of perspective essentially reversed. Ms. Smoker will also discuss the upcoming sequel to this book “Paradox”. The luncheon will be held at USAO Regent's room on Thursday June 20th at noon. Reservations are required and can be made by calling Christy at 222-4958 by June 15th. The cost for the luncheon is $13 and reservations must be honored.
- Community Living
- Around the Area
- USAO provides educational opportunities for Grady County Princess contest recipients
- Summer luncheon to feature Anadarko author
- Education campaign returns with powerful stories to help Oklahomans quit smoking
- Juneteenth winners announced
- Nationwide effort underway to educate public about boating while under the influence of alcohol, drugs
- Coronation for Rodeo Ambassador/Jr. Ambassador set for June 28
- Wilson renews National Board Teacher Certification
- Grady County OHCE names scholarship winners at Summer Council
Juneteenth Celebration set for June 21 in Chickasha
The Chickasha Juneteenth Celebration Community will kick-off the activities on June 21, 2014, with a parade at 1st & Dakota at 10:00 a.m., opening ceremony at Washita Valley Park at 11:00 a.m. and Celebration at 12:00 noon. The celebration is open to the general public.
The committee is still accepting donations. If you would like to make a donations or need more information please contact Casta Thomas at 405.627.5049.
- More Community Living Headlines