— June 6
Benefit Brisket Dinner
• For: Gary Cottrell to help with medical bills
• When: June 6, 5-8 p.m.
• Where: Cement School Cafeteria
• Cost: $10/adults; $5/children 10 & under
Blanchard’s Summer Concert Series #1
• When: June 6, 7 p.m.
• Where: Lions Park, 400 blk of SW 7th St., Blanchard
• Sponsored by: Blanchard Parks Dept.
• Details: The first of our Summer Concert Series concerts begins with The Sound of Country band who has opened shows for Garth Brooks, Charlie Daniels, Ronnie Millsap, Jerry Lee, Mickey Gilly, Moe Bandy, Johnny Lee and on and on through the years. As of late they play the Casino circuit.
Good Ol’ Boys performance
• When: Friday, 7-9 p.m.
• Where: Borden Park Community Center
• Cost: $5/adult, kids under 5 free
Veggie Trails 5K & 1.5 mile walk
• When: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 8 a.m.
• Where: Brown Family Farm’s 2185 County Street 2880 Chickasha Ok 73018
• Details: Register: face book “Veggie trails 5-k” or www.embodymentfitness.com. Click on more tab and then Veggie. Anyone can enter the Veggie Trails cross country 5-k/1.5 mile country walk. This event was designed as a challenge for the Biggest Loser Chickasha contestants last and final challenge in our 6 month long weight loss contest. Everyone is invited to join us on this unique course. The 3.1 mile course/1.5 mile country walk is on over 200 acres at the scenic Brown Family farms, where runner and walkers will see scenic pasture lands cows, ponds and creeks. Every paid registration gets a veggie trails custom finishers medal and t-shirt. Free at the event will be face painting, Sports Massage, music and other family friendly events. Runner will even have a chance to meet our wind dancers. A portion of the proceeds will go to provide supplies for the Chickasha Public School back-pack program. The program makes it possible for children in need in the community to have food over the weekend and needed school supplies.