— July 16
• When: Tuesday, July 16
• Where: USAO Alumni House
LaLeche League of Chickasha
• When: July 16, 10 a.m.
• Where: Chickasha Public Library
• Contact: Jan at 222-0723
Chickasha Area Arts Council
• When: July 16, 7 p.m.
• Where: Paint on Canvas Studio, 210 S. 4th St., Ste. K
Interagency and Community Coalition
of Grady County
• When: 3rd Wednesday, 10 a.m.
• Where: CV Tech Center
Outdoor Concert Series
• Entertainer: Joe Nichols
• When: Thursday, July 18th
• Where: in the north parking lot of Newcastle Casino, located at the junction of I-44 and Highway 62 in Newcastle.
• Details: Admission is free. Attendees must be 18 or older. For more information visit MyNewcastleCasino.com, or call (405) 387-6013.
Paint on Canvas workshop
• When: July 19, 5:30 - 8 p.m.
• Where: Wellness Studio, corner of 4th and Kansas
• Details: Painting Picasso’s Girl in a Red Chair. Carrie Chavers, instructor, 405-574-6689
The Importance of
Being Earnest auditions
• When: July 19-20, 6-8 p.m.
• Where: Washita Theater at 509 Chickasha Ave.
• Details: Director Christy Clift is looking for 5-6 men and 4 women ages 14 years or older. Those auditioning need to have a prepared short monologue and be ready to read from the script. Rehearsals will begin on August 5th and continue through the performance in September. The Importance of Being Earnest is Oscar Wilde’s most popular comedy. It makes fun of the upper class society of the 1890’s but is still as comical today as it was when it first premiered. For more information contact Christy Clift at 224-5342.
Ruffles and Rust Expo
• When: July 20, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• Where: Grady County Fairgrounds.
• Cost: $5/admission; 12 and under/free.
• Details: The event is an eclectic mix of New and Old..a show featuring vintage, boutique, hand painted and or handcrafted items. We are now currently accepting vendor applications for the show. Please call Camey at 806-231-9822 for more information.