USAO Relay for Life
“Shirts off their back” giveaway
• What: Purchase your chance to win the pink autographed USAO warm-up shirts
• Tickets: $1 ea. or 6/$5. Available for purchase at USAO’s Feb. 4 & 11 basketball games
• When: Drawing to be held Feb. 11
• Where: USAO Drover basketball game
• Contact: Jeanette Loutsch at 405-518-8330
MacDowell Music Club’s annual ‘Valentine Scholarship Reception’
• When: Sunday, Feb. 12 at 2:00 pm
• Where: in the USAO Alumni Chapel.
• Details: Ms. Crystal Davis, the MacDowell Music Club’s 2011-12 USAO Scholarship Recipient, will be performing, along with several other USAO music students. The community is invited to attend and refreshments will be served after the program.
Chickasha Relay for Life
• When: Feb. 12, 6-8 p.m
• Where: Canning Hall Parlor
• Contact: Cylathia at 405-201-5578
• When: Sunday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m.
• Where: Grand Assembly of God Church 102 E. Almar Dr. Chickasha
• Details: They will share real life stories of deliverance from drug addiction. You will hear how the love of God brought them from the pit of disaster to the pinnacle of victory. They will share a drama and music. The best thing is you will hear from someone who has been there. The purpose of this meeting is to reach out to those hurting. The drug culture is cruel and destructive.
Chickasha Area Arts Council
• When: Feb. 13
• Where: Chickasha Public Library
• Contact Information: All those interested in promoting the arts and activities of the CAAC are welcome to attend the monthly meetings. Call for information 574-1320 and 222-4797.
• When: Feb. 14, 6:30 p.m.
• Where: Norman Public Library, Room A & B
• Speaker: One of the librarians will lead a discussion on the history of Valentine’s Day with a book display
• RSVP: Vivian 364-0484; JoAnn 414-3656
Straight to the Heart
Heart Awareness Event
• When: Feb. 14, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
• Where: HealthBack Home Health, 420 S. 22
• Details: We will have nurses on staff taking blood pressures and blood sugars, as well as providing information to the public about the effects of heart disease and ways to prevent the disease from attacking you or your loved one. Refreshments will be provided as well. For any questions about this free event please contact Margie or Holly at 405-224-3366.