— Sept. 2
Scientific Sundays: How High Is that Tree?
• When: Sept. 2, 1-2 p.m.
• Where: Myriad Botanical GardensChildren’s Garden Pavilion
• Details: Learn how to measure the height of a tree without even climbing it (or asking one of our squirrels!) $2-nonmember; Free for members.
Outdoor Concert Series
• Featuring: Tracy Lawrence
• When: Thursday, Sept. 6 at 8:30 p.m.
• Information: call (405) 387-6013
Aug. 20 - Sept. 7
Blue and Gold Sausage,
Bacon, and Chicken Sale
• Who: The Ninnekah FFA Chapter is selling Blue and Gold products to raise money for annual activities, banquets, and leadership conferences. Products are scheduled to arrive and ready for pickup on Sept. 20th after 4 p.m. We appreciate your support!
• What: Blue & Gold Sausage $6.00/2.5 lb Sticks, Breaded Chicken Tenderloin
• Cost: Strips $18.00/ 5 lb bag and Thick Sliced Bacon $14.00/3.5lb package.
• When: August 20th- Sept. 7th Available for Order
• Where: Ninnekah Ag Complex
• Contact Info: Any Ninnekah FFA Chapter member or call directly at 405-224-4092, ask for Ag Building.
Free Music Fest
• When: Sept. 8, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Where: Borden Park Community Center
• Information: call Jallene or Chet at 224-6790 or 222-6926
• When: Sept. 8
• Where: Governor’s Mansion, 820 NE 23rd, Oklahoma City
• Details: Visit the Myriad Gardens booth on the West Lawn of the Governor’s Mansion and smell flowers, touch seeds and leaves from tropical rainforests and ask questions of the education staff. Enjoy a fun-filled day of exploring Oklahoma’s rich heritage & diversity, featuring crafts, music, storytelling and live entertainment as well as FREE admission to the Oklahoma History Center.
City of Springs Car Show
• When: Sept. 8, 9 a.m.
• Where: Sulphur, OK
• Contact: Jeff Flowers (580)622-6387 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Origami in the Garden
• When: Sept. 9, 1-2 p.m.
• Where: Myriad Botanical Garden Children’s Garden Pavilion
• Details: Visit the Children’s Garden and make some plants and animals from paper! Try your hand at this traditional art of Japanese paper-folding. $2-nonmember; Free for members.