All Day Music Fest
• When: April 14, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Where: Borden Park Community Center at 200 North 18th in Chickasha
• Details: Bring a finger food and enjoy music and singing. All ages are welcome and the event is wheelchair accessible. Admission is by donations to pay for the rent for the one-day event at the Community Center. To schedule to play or for more information contact Jallane or Chet Link at (405) 224-6790 or (405) 222-6926.
• When: April 15-18; Sunday 10:45 a.m. & 6 p.m.; M-W 7 p.m.
• Where: Sharon Baptist Church
• Featuring: Keith Wiginton, Sr. and Jami Smith
National Healthcare Decisions Day
• When: April 16, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Where: LifeLine Home Health & Hospice, 17th and Iowa
• Details: Questions and assistance in completing a living will and medical power of attorney, finding out what they are, how they work and their purpose.
• Call: Tonna at 224-2051 to schedule an appointment.
Interagency and Community
Coalition of Grady County
• When: April 18, 10 a.m.
• Where: Canadian Valley Tech Center, Chickasha
• Details: Call 224-1210 for information. All interested parties are welcome to join.
Baked Potato Sale
• For: 2nd Base Savers
• Where: Keepin’ It Sweet, 1724 S. 4
• When: April 19, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
• Cost: $5 for potatoes with all the fixins’
Chickasha Autism Awareness & Support Group
• When: Thursday, April 19, 6-7:30 p.m.; and every third Thursday monthly
• Where: Parkview Christian Church, 2828 S. 9th
• Program: Nikki Ricks of the Lawton Public Schools Autism Program will present the benefits of ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) Therapy in children with special needs and will also talk about understanding your child’s IEP as well as answering questions or addressing concerns.
• Details: If you have any questions, concerns or need directions please call. Also, if you plan on attending and bringing children, please give us a heads up so that we can make sure that there is an adequate number of caregivers present. You may do either by calling Rhiannon Ferguson at 580-917-4215.