— Jan. 10
American Association of University Women Meeting/Book Review
• Who: Chickasha branch
• When: Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 7:15 p.m.
• Where: Chickasha Public Library.
• Details: Member Ann O’Bar will lead the book discussion on the influence of women in today’s family. The public is invited to attend the gathering. Please call Angie at 779-6969 for more information.
2nd Base Savers
2011 kick-off meeting
• When: January 11, 5:15 p.m.
• Where: Keepin It Sweet. 1724 S 4th St.
• Details: Kickoff meeting for our 2012 Susan G Komen 3 Day for the Cure! Anyone interested in joining our walk team should come. Email for information: email@example.com
• When: Every Wednesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Where: Chickasha Public Library, 527 W. Iowa Ave., Chickasha
• Details: Children ages 5 and under and their caregivers are invited. The program is free. For more information call the Library at 222-6075.
Chickasha Optimist Club
• When: Thursday Mornings, 7 a.m..
• Where: Holiday Inn Express
• Contact: Margaret Davis, 222-1969
• When: Jan. 13, 10:30 a.m.
• Where: Chickasha Senior Nutrition Center, Borden Park
• Sponsored by: Aspire Home Care and Hospice, 406-808-1293
Indian Taco Lunch
• Where: Cox City Baptist Church
• When: Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Details: Dine-in or carry-out. This is a fund raiser to help us with the completion of our new church building. Contact Pastor Bill H. Love at 405-756-8830 or Betty Crabb at 580-476-3727 for more information.
Car Seat Safety Check
• When: Jan. 14th , 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
• Where: John Holt Auto Group
• Sponsored by: The Interagency & Community Coalition of Grady County along with Oklahoma Safe Kids Coalition
All Day Music Fest: Bluegrass, Gospel, Country, Folk Music Fest
• Where: Borden Park Community Center at 200 North 18th in Chickasha
• When: Jan. 14; opens at 9 a.m. for coffee and doughnuts and will start with a jamming session until 10 a.m. Musical groups will be scheduled from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
• Details: Bring a finger food and enjoy music and singing. All ages are welcome and the event is wheelchair accessible. Admission is by donations to pay for the rent for the one-day event at the Community Center. To schedule to play or for more information contact Jallane or Chet Link at (405) 224-6790 or (405) 222-6926.