CHICKASHA — FEB. 1
Grady County coalition
• When: Feb. 1, 11:30 a.m - 1 p.m.
• Where: Canadian Valley Tech Center, Chickasha in the Seminar Center
• Details: Call Breanna Russell @ 405-912-3580 for more information. Interested citizens are welcome to attend and join this coalition. Lunch is served between 11:30 - 11:55 a.m.; meeting begins at noon.
Prevent Blindness screening
• When: Feb. 1 - 2
• Where: Tuttle Intermediate School
• Details: Many children in Oklahoma can receive free exams and glasses through SoonerCare(Medicaid), Vision Service Plan benefits provided by PBO, or through our Vision Quest assistance program. Infants 0-1 yr. old may receive a free exam through the InfantSee program. For more information on your child’s eyesight, please call Anita Schlaht at Prevent Blindness Oklahoma, 405-848-7123 ext 103, or visit www.preventblindnessok.org.
United Methodist Women
• When: Thursday, Feb. 2 at 12 noon
• Where: Epworth United Methodist Church Life Center
Ron Stanley and
True Country Band
• When: Thursday, Feb. 2, 7-9:30 p.m.
• Where: Borden Park Community Center
• Cost: $6/per person
Grady County TEA Party
• When: Thursday, Feb. 2, 7 p.m.
•Where: Canadian Valley Technology Center, 1401 Michigan, Chickasha.
• Program: Joyce Stockton will be speaking about Ladies of Liberty .
Diamonds in the Rough
Chickasha Public School
mentoring luncheon event
• Who: Chickasha Public Schools fifth grade girls
• When: Thursday, Feb. 2, 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
• Where: USAO Ballroom
• Speakers: Rita Aragon, Major General (retired) Oklahoma Air National Guard and Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the State of Oklahoma, will speak to the girls about careers, goals and vision; and etiquette expert, Carey Sue Vega will speak to the students regarding etiquette and manners. Girls Scouts and Jay’s Jewelry has partnered with us once again for this program.
Churndashers Quilt Guild
• When: Thursday, Feb. 2 at 9:30 a.m.,
• Where Parkview Christian Church, 2828 S. 9
• Program: “Mystery Project” demonstrated by Kathy Stidham
• Information: contact Mrs. Hildebrand at 405-344-7131 or Mrs. Shirley Burns at 405-224-7270