Benefit Roping Event
• For: Relay for Life
• When: Sunday, April 1; events start at 2 p.m.
• Entry: $60/person
• Contact: Donald Robertson 405-863-0772, after 5 p.m.
• Where: Grady Co. Fairgrounds, Chickasha
• Where: Cox City Baptist Church, 2443 Cox City Road
• When: April 1-4; Sunday 11 a.m., 6 p.m.; M-W, 7 p.m.
• Details: Call Bro. Bill Love, 405-756-8830
• When: Wednesday, April 4 at 11:30
• Where: 50’s Diner at Cottonwood Creek in Chickasha.
• Details: Member Joyce Leverett will give a report on the recent State Convention. All democrats are invited to attend. For questions call 779-6969.
Senior Activity Day
• When: April 5,
• Where: Chisholm Trail Museum. Duncan
• Open to: Individuals 60 or older who live in Caddo, Comanche, Cotton, Grady, Jefferson, McClain, Stephens and Tillman counties are eligible to compete in the three contests featured during the events. There will be a Poetry Contest, a Photography Contest and a Spelling Bee.
• To register or for application: contact Ms. Terry Wilcoxen at the ASCOG Area Agency on Aging, 1-800-658-1466 ext. 24. Deadline for registrations is January 31, .
Grady County TEA Party
• When: Thursday, April 5 at 7 pm
• Where: Canadian Valley Technology Center
• Speaker: Elza Jones speak about the Fair Tax
• Details: Every tax payer is encouraged to attend. For more information contact Mark at 314-4730 or Joyce at 320-0028.
The Way of The Cross
• When: Good Friday, April 6, 6 p.m.
• Where: Verden United Methodist Church
• Call: 405-453-7170 for information
Good Friday Noon Service
• When: April 6, 12-1 p.m.
• Where: Grand Assembly of God
• Details: The study time will take you through the last hours prior to Christ death. Pictures from modern day Israel compared with the Biblical account will help to visualize the events leading up to the death and resurrection. This is a come and go service according to lunch schedule and guest are invited to attend.
• When: April 7th from 11am - 1pm
• Where: Bible Baptist Church, 226 South 29th St. Chickasha, OK 73018
• Cost: FREE
• Contact: www.bbcchickasha.com or (405) 224-1569
• Details: 5,000+ Easter Egg Hunt, Inflatables, Food, and “Journey To the Cross” interactive family experience that will take you back to Jesus’ time. This hands on experience will give you a first-hand glimpse into the reason we celebrate Easter.