— Sept. 8
Free Music Fest
• When: Sept. 8, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• Where: Borden Park Community Center
• Information: call Jallene or Chet at 224-6790 or 222-6926
Benefit Indoor Yard Sale
• When: Saturday, Sept. 8, 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
• Where: Trinity Community Fellowship, 1028 S. 11th, across railroad tracks behind dog food plant
• Details: Call Rev. Pat Wilbourne at 405-779-4385 for information
Fort Cobb Fair Parade
• When: Sept. 8, 5 p.m.
Descendants of Freedmen Association meeting
• When: Saturday, Sept. 8, 1 p.m.
• Where: Faith Memorial Baptist Church , 3117 N Kelly, in Oklahoma City
• Details: Meeting attendants will learn about recent Oklahoma and Washington DC events affecting enforcement of the rights of the “freedmen”, tribal members or descendants of tribal members of the five “Civilized Tribes”. Today’s freedmen face discrimination due to their African ancestry in tribal enrollments, accessing educational or medical benefits available to members of federal recognized tribes.
•Contact: Mrs Vera Jones at 405-305-2308 or Mrs Marilyn Vann at: 405-227-9810 (firstname.lastname@example.org). The organization website is: www.freedmen5tribes.com .
Benefit Softball Tournament
• For: Two-year-old Maya Sue Coleman who needs brain surgery due to a Chiari malformation
• When: Sept. 8
• Where: Rush Springs Park
• Cost: $120 per team
• Details: For a list of complete rules or additional information, please call Shawn at 580-699-1919 or Sindi at 580-475-4835
• When: Sept. 8
• Where: Governor’s Mansion, 820 NE 23rd, Oklahoma City
• Details: Visit the Myriad Gardens booth on the West Lawn of the Governor’s Mansion and smell flowers, touch seeds and leaves from tropical rainforests and ask questions of the education staff. Enjoy a fun-filled day of exploring Oklahoma’s rich heritage & diversity, featuring crafts, music, storytelling and live entertainment as well as FREE admission to the Oklahoma History Center.
Alliance Annual Meeting
• When: Sept, 8, 10 a.m. - 12 noon
• Where: St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Parish Hall, 6th and Kansas
• Details: Call to reserve your space 224-1210