• The bill: This would let counties ask for bids to put notices on newspaper web sites
• Status: The measure passed out of house committee Wednesday on an 8-5 vote.
• Next: The measure goes to full the House for a vote. The bill could come up anytime in the next few days or weeks.
• At stake: County funding, governmental transparency.
• Supporting the measure: Counties across Oklahoma
• Opposing the measure: Oklahoma Press Association
• Of note: At Wednesday’s committee hearing, a representative of the state’s county commissioners said their group much preferred SB 359 which would put all legal notices just on county websites.