Couple celebrate anniversary today
Former longtime Chickasha residents Virgil and Zella Harris of Weatherford will observe their 65th wedding anniversary on Wednesday, March 9, 2011.
Virgil and Zella Wood were married in Duncan, on March 9, 1946. They were both born in Cement. The couple, 91 year old Virgil, and 84 year old Zella, moved to Weatherford in November of 2009 to be near their daughter Charlene Walker Ashcraft and her husband Chuck, and their granddaughter Charla Hursh, and her husband Paul.
Virgil and Zella left Oklahoma in 1952 following the oil field work in West Texas, and Kansas. They settled in Aztec, NM in 1953, and then moved to Farmington, NM in 1968, and lived there until 1986 when they retired to Chickasha. The Harris' son Melvin, and his wife Debbie live in North Bend, WA. The Harris' have five grandchildren, six great grandchildren, and three great great grandshildren.
While living in Chickasha, Virgil and Zella were active members in the Grand Assembly of God Church
- Bennetts celebrate milestone
- Klippels celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Anthonys celebrate 60th anniversary
- Koerners celebrate 62nd anniversary
- Hales celebrate 25 years of marriage
- Larsens celebrate 25 years of marriage
65th Wedding Anniversary
Sammy and Lillian Morgan celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012 with a family dinner at the Outback Steakhouse in Norman.
- Linvilles celebrate 50th anniversary
- Fitzgeralds celebrate 50th anniversary
- More Anniversaries Headlines